LINE CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH
1488 Bob Smith Road | Sharpsburg, GA
God is good all the time, and all the time God is good
The Line Creek Baptist Church was organized August 5, 1869, under a Brush Arbor with six members: four men and two women. The first pastor was Reverend G.B. Davis. The first deacon was Mr. A. B. Mitchell. The first church clerk was Mr. J.A. Brown, who served for twenty years. Mr. J.W. Spratlin was then elected and he served thirty years. The church was to have its conference meetings on the fourth Saturday and Sunday mornings of each month. These first members made a covenant of faith for the church, and established twenty-one rules for the Church government to abide by. The church was actually built in 1875. The land site for Line Creek Baptist Church was given by Mr. Leach and Mrs. Pollard, and consisted of 2+ acres.
The first Sunday School Superintendent was Mr. F. M. Chandler, having an enrollment of 81 in Sunday School in 1890. The first treasurer was Mr. M.V. Whitlock elected in 1892. The first instrument was an organ, purchased in 1903.
During the next years Line Creek grew in God's grace having many fine preachers, deacons, teachers, and members working and supporting its stand in our community. On December 24, 1972, Rev. Franklin Treadwell was voted in as pastor and preached his first sermon on January 6, 1973. During his pastorate, Link Creek experienced growth, including room additions and renovations, a new church building, fellowship hall, church bus, and a church sign.
In 2000, due to the widening of Hwy 54, the church voted to look for a new location. On July 31, 2001, Bro. Franklin and Ms. Mary found some property on Bob Smith Road in Sharpsburg. After much research by Mr. Jim Leach and Mrs. Annette Ergle, the property was sold. On September 11, 2001, a loan was secured for the new land. On February 26, 2003, Bro. Franklin Treadwell resigned as Pastor after serving 30 years and 2 months. On May 4, 2003, Rev. Bobby Carpenter was voted in as Pastor and served for 12 years until his resignation in 2015. The last church service on the original property was September 26, 2004. On October 4, 2004, church services were held in the East Coweta High School Band room.
Construction began on the new church in the summer of 2005 with Reed Lewis, Contractor and Richard Cates, Building Chairman. The Building Committee consisted of James Padgett, Bill Moore, Bob and Cathy Teague, Royce Chitwood, and John Floyd. On Friday, September 8, 2006 the first service, the annual singing, was held. On September 8, 2006, the first official service was held.